The One-Minute guide for building your personal brandNovember 1, 2023 2023-11-01 11:26
The One-Minute guide for building your personal brand
Building a solid personal brand is all about positioning yourself as an expert in your area of expertise and creating a strategic reputation!
Why is building a personal brand important now?
😎 Building a solid personal brand makes you stand out from the crowd.
Simply because it is the tool that helps you to position and polish yourself professionally on the right platform, building a network and unlocking opportunities, with all online platforms today, especially Linkedin, this can be easily done if you have the proper plan and system in place.
How to build a plan for your personal brand?
📝 If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
Building a personal brand requires you to create strategic communication on what you want to talk about, where you want to say it or who you want to be… It’s time for a paper and pencil exercise.
Write your answers to the following questions:
- What are you good at?
- Why do you want to do this? (Your goals & objectives)
- What topics do you want to discuss?
- Which of these topics can be broken down into content pillars?
- Where do you want to create your personal brand? Perhaps LinkedIn.
- Who do you want to talk to? (Your audience)
- When will you be posting, and at which frequency? (Content calendar)
How to execute this plan?
👨🏻💻 Consistent Content for Conversations.
Building your personal brand takes a lot of work, but the more you invest, the more return on investment you get. What are you supposed to do to get there?
- Build your content plan as a monthly/weekly calendar with content pillars, key topics, timings, selected formats like visuals, videos, articles, and so on
- Make sure what you post is high quality and super useful.
- Focus your content on a specific target audience because if you aim to talk to everyone, you won’t talk to anyone.
- Be consistent in how much you post. If you post once a month, don’t expect increasing engagement.
- Reply to comments and DMs, because that’s where the magic of connections happens.
- Always initiate conversations! Remember “connections + conversations = Conversions”
Plan -> Execute -> Measure -> Iterate.
Please go to Linkedin today and start implementing these steps. Feel free to drop me a DM there if you need any help. Enjoy your day!